Facilities and Equipment
The Lagally Research Group is fortunate to have access to excellent research equipment internal to the group as well as shared resources through the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Internally, we have access to:
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) Chamber
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) Chamber
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Sputtering Chamber
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FTIR)
- Inductor/Capacitor/Resistor (LCR) Meter
- Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer
- Ultra-high-vacuum in-situ semiconductor parameter analyzing chamber
- Optical Microscopes
UW-Madison Dedicated to research and the pursuit of knowledge
Dedicated to Deeper Understanding
The University of Wisconsin is dedicated to research of all types. In 2007, the University of Wisconsin-Madison invested more money in non-science research than any other university in the United States. At the same time, the UW ranked 3rd in investment in science and engineering-related research.
At times, research requirements take Lagally Group members away from campus. Some of the more-frequented research locations we use are: